Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Announcing the New Exhibitions Director-elect

CPSA is pleased to announce the selection of our new exhibitions director-elect, Ranjini Venkatachari, CPSA (WA).  Ranjini will take on the duties of retiring exhibitions director, Paula Parks, CPSA (WA) November 1, 2014.  The exhibitions director is responsible for the annual international and ET! exhibitions and will be taking on the planning and production of our new ArtSpectations competitions (fall and spring.) So while November of 2014 seems like a long time away, in our CPSA schedule it's right around the corner.

We hope you will welcome Ranjini. We are excited about working with her as we head into the future of CPSA and colored pencil as a fine art medium.

 
Welcome to our new Exhibitions Director-elect, Ranjini Venkatachari!


We asked Ranjini to tell us a bit about herself.

Where are you from originally and where is your home now?
I was born in Chennai, India, a place full of rich color and culture, which has always been a big inspiration in all of my work. I did not have the privilege to study art in college; instead I completed a degree in Math and moved to the U.S. a decade ago, making my home in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
 
What does your career look like?
My career pretty much revolves around art in one form or the other. Other than painting/drawing I enjoy working in my clay studio, building functional and sculptural pieces. I like to design and have built websites for personal use as well as non-profits. I love to cook, enjoy all kinds of music and adore nature.
 
How did you get started in art/colored pencil?
My journey as an artist started the day I learned how to hold a pencil. My favorite medium has always been graphite so moving to colored pencils was a natural transition. I was introduced to colored pencil art through WetCanvas when I moved to the US and fell in love with it immediately.  
 
What are your thoughts/comments about being on the CPSA governing board?
I am really excited to be a part of this dynamic group of people whom I have always admired for their hard work and dedication. I am looking forward to working with them all and hoping to contribute and learn from my peers.


 

 
To learn more about the Colored Pencil Society of America, or to become a member, please visit us at www.cpsa.org.

1 comment:

Anita Orsini said...

Congradulations Ranjini! I know you will do a great job.